MySQL 5.1.x Hosting
Each of our web hosting hosting packages include MySQL database support through the easy-to-use cPanel control panel. Host your applications with ease with our powerful MySQL PHP hosting service. Easily add, delete and manage your MySQL databases within cPanel. Additional MySQL resources found in cPanel include:
- PHPMyAdmin — The web based interface used to manage your MySQL database. Use PHPMyAdmin to create, modify, delete or execute statements in your MySQL database.
- Remote MySQL — Allows external servers to access your MySQL databases by adding the domain name to the list of hosts that are able to access databases on your web site.
- MySQL Database Wizard — Will walk you through creating a database's name, username, password and privileges.
Advantages of MySQL Hosting
- Multi-user access
- Top-notch security
- Enhanced connectivity
- Scalability (easily handles large databases)
- Speedy performance
- Extensive API Collection
- Relatively easy to learn
- Open source (free to use and large support community)
What Is MySQL?
MySQL is the world's most used Open Source database. MySQL is known for its exceptionally fast speeds, straightforward customization, flexibility and reliability. Many of MySQL's advantages stem from its minimalist approach and code reuse. MySQL utilizes Structured Query Language (SQL). SQL is a computer language designed to add, retrieve and manage data within a database management system that uses a logical, easy-to-use syntax. MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS). An RDBMS stores data in table format, with the relationship within the data also being stored in tables.